Apple has recently launched its latest models of iPhone and iPads, and users prefer to update their iPhone with a new one. Since Apple has launched its iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro with loads of new amazing and advanced features, many iPhone users have replaced their old iPhone with these new models. Besides this, users face issues in moving their data from their old iPhone to their brand new one. On the other hand, many of them do not even know how to do this task. Data includes essential files, media, contacts, and much more that users need to move in their iPhone when they replace their old one. So if you are amongst those who do not know how to move data from your old iPhone to the new one, then you have come to the right place. Here are multiple amazing and effective methods that help you to do this task in no time. Go through the methods mentioned in this article to do so.
Heres how to do it with a wired connection
You need your PC or Mac and the USB cable of your iPhone to execute the task properly. Follow the guidelines below to do so:
- At first, put one side of the cable into your iPhones slot and connect another with your PC or Mac.
- Now, check if your iPhone is connected or not by swiping down the notification bar on your iPhone.
- In the notification bar, there will appear a USB sign which shows your iPhone is connected.
- Now, click on the Computer option on your PC or Mac.
- Choose your iPhone appears on the Computer screen section.
- Now, manually navigate the entire data one by one and save it on your PC or Mac.
- After that, check if you have missed anything that needs to move into your new iPhone.
- Now disconnect your old iPhone and connect the new one via a USB cable with your Mac or PC.
- Now, move the entire data on your new iPhone by using Copy and Paste.
- You can divide your data into folders that will prevent everything from mixing up.
Heres how to move your data by using iCloud
Apple designed and introduced iCloud, and it is the official backup source for iOS users. Users come as a built-in app and is an amazing backup source with lots of amazing and easy to use features. You can alternatively use this method to move your data into your new iPhone if you do not prefer the wired connection for any reason. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, go to the Settings on your old iPhone.
- After that, choose your Apple ID and tap on it.
- In your Apple ID, choose iCloud.
- After that, tap on iCloud Backup.
- Now, choose Backup Now option.
- Next, wait till the backup finishes and turn off your iPhone.
- Now, remove the SIM cards and move them into your new iPhone.
Now, do not turn on your new iPhone while following the steps listed below:
- At first, insert the SIM card into your new iPhone.
- Now, turn off your new iPhone after inserting the SIM card.
- Next, press the home button by sliding up the screen.
- After that, choose the language and set up new your new iPhone by following the instructions.
- Now, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Next, sign in to your iCloud account, which is your Apple ID.
- After that, tap on Next.
- After that, tap on Agree.
- After that, tap on Agree again.
- Now, select the Backup you made on your old iPhone.
- By choosing Backup, all of your data will be backed up on your new iPhone.
Mia Davisis a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regardingnorton.com/setupand how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.