McAfee must have become the part of your device. It not only installs browser extensions but also gives different notifications, which can make you feel annoyed. If the McAfee came with the new laptop, then you might have seen a notification stating that the subscription has expired.
Heres how to turn off McAfee notifications
Note: This blog is applicable for McAfee LiveSafe users as well as with the rest of the McAfee editions of McAfees antivirus software.
If McAfee came with your computer, then prefer removing it
- Firstly, go to the Control Panel.
- Then, remove a program and the McAfee software.
- After that, you should download another antivirus software. Luckily, few of them are available free of cost. Or else only go for the Windows Defender antivirus. It is in-built to the devices of Windows 10. Basically, plenty of options(paid or non-paid) are there for antivirus software.
Get rid of McAfees browser extension
- For Google Chrome users:
- Firstly, go to Google Chrome.
- Then, press on the menu.
- After that, choose More Tools.
- Next, tap on Extensions.
- Then, press the dust bin symbol. It will be towards the right-hand side of the McAfee WebAdvisor extension for removing it.
- For Mozilla Firefox
- Firstly, press the menu option.
- Then, choose Add-ons.
- After that, press the Disable option. It shall be towards the right-hand section of the McAfee WebAdvisor.
- Turn off the majority of the McAfees notifications
- Look for a McAfee symbol. It shall be in the notification area and have a shield with the M letter written on it. Double click on that same.
- Then, press the Navigation link. It shall be in the right-hand side of the McAfee window.
- After that, press on General Settings and Alerts. This option shall be immediately below the Settings.
- Next, press the Information Alerts and Protection Alerts types here.
- Then, select the kind of alert notifications you would wish from avoiding to watch.
Turn off Firewall prompts
- For searching McAfees firewall settings, press on the Home link. It shall be at the right section of the McAfee window for accessing the home screen.
- Then, go to the Home screen and press on Manage Security.
- Next, press on Web And Email Protection.
- After that, click on the Firewall.
- Then, you need to expand the smart advice and advanced settings types here and make sure to put it to Enable Smart Advice as well as Decide automatically.
Congratulations! You have been able to disable McAfees notifications with the help of this blog.
Ava Williamsis a McAfee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such asmcafee.com/activate