The OneDrive by itself pauses syncing whenever your device is on battery saver mode. This PC is in battery saver mode alert gets displayed on the screen for informing you that OneDrive has paused syncing for saving battery. So you should choose Sync anyway option.
A. The method of disabling battery saver mode
- People who do not require battery saver mode may stop OneDrives sync pausing by switching off the mode. For doing it in Windows 10 device, press the search option.
- Then, enter battery saver in the search bar.
- After that, press on Battery saver settings for opening the window.
- Lastly, put an un-tick on Turn battery saver on automatically if the battery falls option.
B. The method of deselecting the automatically pause sync
- People who need to keep the battery saver mode enabled can un-tick the Automatic pause sync setting in OneDrive. You need to press the OneDrive symbol.
- Then, press the More option.
- After that, press on Settings.
- Next, choose the Settings tab.
- Then, un-tick the Automatically pause sync when this device in battery saver mode CheckBox.
- Lastly, click on the OK option for exiting the window.
C. The method of editing the registry
- Firstly, start Run by pressing the combination of Windows+ R buttons of the keyboard.
- Then, put regedit in the Open box.
- After that, press on the OK option.
- Next, view the registry path:
- Then, choose the OneDrive option.
- Note that if the OneDrive button does not comprise a UserSettingSaverEnabled DWORD, right-click in a given area near the right of the Registry Editor for choosing New and, then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Next, put UserSettingBatterySaverEnabled as a new DWORD title.
- Then, double click on UserSettingBatterySaverEnabled for opening the Edit DWORD.
- After that, put 1. This should be put in a Value data bar.
- Then, press the OK option.
- Next, you need to close the Registry Editor.
- Then, users can also log out.
- Lastly, users need to return to the user accounts for letting the modifications take place properly.
Note that this is the way by which people can auto-pause OneDrives sync whenever in battery saver mode. Note that the This PC is in battery saver mode alert shall not display for people starting syncing from now onwards.
Alexa Thomsonis a printer expert who has worked with leading printer hardware and software companies. Owing to her expertise in IT, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite printer writings come forCanon printer support.