Some Debian use dpkg packaging system which offers programs and apps for the installation procedure. With this packing system, users do not have to build apps from any source codes. The tool which is compulsory for the interaction with the packing system is Apt. But certain times, the APT tool will not work well on your Mac and will show the sudo apt-get command not found error. To fix this error, go through the methods mentioned below.
Heres How to Fix sudo apt-get command not found on Mac
Install Homebrew on your Mac
1. Keep pressing on the Command and Space keys together.
2. Go to the Spotlight option.
3. Enter Terminal in the search bar.
4. Click on the Enter option.
5. Firstly, you have to start installing the Xcode command-line tool by going through the below-mentioned command:
6. Once you have installed the Xcode tool, start typing and copying the below-mentioned command for installing Homebrew on your Mac:
Ruby -e $(curl -fsSL)
7. Now, you will get the installation window, which indicates the Return key and also the password for verification.
8. Now, you will find the installation successful text.
9. After that, use the Homebrew, enter the below-mentioned command for installing the package which you wish to install on the system:
brew install name
10. You need to use the brew command for installing the package on the computer.
Install MacPorts in Your Mac
1. Go to the App Store.
2. It is located on the Dock folder.
3. Enter the Xcode in the text field.
4. Press on the Get and install the Xcode option.
5. You need to wait for a few minutes for installing the Xcode.
6. Accept the terms and conditions of installing the Xcode.
7. It will open the app from the App Store or Dock.
8. Press on the Agree option.
9. Enter the below-mentioned command in Terminal to accept the terms and conditions.
10. Keep pressing on the Cmd and Space key are given on the system keyboard.
11. Enter the Terminal in the search bar.
12. Enter the below-mentioned command for installing the Xcode command-line tool:
13. Start downloading the MacPorts.
14. Once you have completed the downloading process, go to the downloaded file.
15. Start installing the program by completing the installation procedure.
16. Enter the password in case it is compulsory.
17. After completing the installation procedure, start the Terminal again and enter the below-mentioned command:
sudo port selfupdate
18. Start installing the package by going through the command mentioned below:
sudo port install name
Mia Davisis a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regardingnorton.com/setupand how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.